Flap Controller (IFC) is an electronic controller designed specifically to
operate DC motor actuators, particularly the Van’s Aircraft series of Flap Actuators used in RV type homebuilt
aircraft. IFC provides flap positioning presets that are accessed by a quick tap of the flap switch. IFC connects to the standard up-off-(down) switches commonly used to
control flap operation and directly drives a Van’s flap actuator. IFC
provides Vfe protection by sensing airspeed and preventing flap deployment above
a set airspeed. IFC allows
for Pilot and Co-pilot flap switches and resolves the possible conflicts if the
switches are operated in opposite directions. IFC is very simple to wire and requires NO flap position
sensor and is fully compatible with Safety-Trim servo controllers.
IFC-10 Features and Benefits:
1) Protects against flap deployment above Vfe
2) Dual Inputs: Allows for Pilot and Co-Pilot side flap
3) Uses the standard Up-off-Down flap switch or the
Infinity stick grip
4) Controls the standard Van's flap actuator, or any DC motor up to 10 amps
5) Provides flap position presets, yet requires no position sensor!
6) Eliminates flap motor run-on associated with traditional
7) Very easy to use, UP switch drives flaps UP,
Quick tap of the down switch drives flaps down to the next preset position.
8) Great for tandem aircraft !
Accessories: Airspeed Switch ASW-1, used for automatic Vfe protection
Wiring harness: We offer an aircraft grade wiring harness.
The wiring harness is 8ft long, color coded and utilizes Mil-spec wire and
: A paypal account is not required to order, just a credit card.
We are proud of our products
and our installation manuals, we would like you to take a close look.
Our actual product installation manuals are available here for you to download.
We want you to understand how our products work and how to install them
properly. We are trying to raise the bar on the quality of
instruction manuals provided for homebuilt aircraft accessories.
Download the actual product installation manuals :
Instructions for Intelligent Flap Controller model IFC-10
Application note on
panel mounted switches